Contemporary Home – Kitchen Design
Here are a few design elements to keep in mind when designing your contemporary kitchen:
- Cabinet style – flat panel cabinet doors create clean lines
- Horizontal lines – used in the layout of the cabinets & counters, flooring and backsplash tile give a sense of calm to the space
- Geometric forms – create accents by selecting light fixtures, furniture or wall décor with geometric shapes.
- Stainless steel appliances & accents– the look of commercial appliances in the kitchen lends itself to a more modern/industrial look. Stylish arched or angled vent-hoods provide geometric accents.
- Simple, sleek hardware – clean lines and simply designed hardware dress up the cabinets without overpowering the overall look. Finishes vary from brushed nickel to brass.
- Natural elements – many of today’s contemporary kitchens combine elements found in nature (natural stone countertops, warm wood tones, glass pendant lighting), connecting the space to the setting and adding texture and contrast.
- Pops of color – counter stools, colorful glass light fixture, small kitchen appliances
- Large windows – flood the space with natural light and bring the outside in
By building an impeccable foundation with timeless materials and highlighting special design elements, we create homes that evokes emotion and comfort. Natural, handmade objects add a grounding element to a contemporary home. We’ll work with you to incorporate the design elements that speak to you, then craft them into a timeless space that your family will cherish.